Ashland is a manufacturer and marketer of pharmaceutical-grade cellulose-derived and vinyl pyrrolidone-based polymeric excipients. Ashland's global manufacturing sites operate in accordance with cGMP standards, ensuring consistent production of high-quality products. These products are supported by global research and development scientists and highly trained sales teams with expertise in oral solid dosage-formulation techniques and in current drug-delivery trends, including drug solubilization and bioavailability enhancement.
Ashland offers products and state-of-the art technologies for formulation-design, scale-up and manufacturing challenges such as:
- Increasing the solubility of poorly water-soluble active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Designing controlled-release products to meet targeted release profiles
- Increasing patient compliance by enabling reduced tablet sizes while maintaining active pharmaceutical ingredient load
- Improving disintegration time of orally disintegrating tablets
- Understanding implications of continuous oral-dosage form manufacturing technology
Research taking place at Ashland today is the foundation of technical solutions that will further address these formulation and manufacturing challenges in the future. Ashland offers formulators industry-changing technologies and unique opportunities for research and development collaboration. Get to know Ashland and you’ll see why it should be your pharmaceutical solutions destination.