Acticire® MB brings three different and distinctive benefits to cosmetic formulations:
- Forms a soft, smooth film that protects from dehydration
- Improves the texture and application of both standard and natural formulations
- Makes it possible to include water or water-soluble actives in anhydrous systems while allowing them to remain stable
In emulsions, can be a substitute for some low HLB co-emulsifiers. Can emulsify up to 15% of water in an oil phase, exhibits great heat stability, allows introduction of water or hydrosoluble actives to anhydrous formulations.
Reduces transepidermal water loss, moisturizes, and improves appearance of skin surface (in vivo tests) The specific technology behing Acticire® MB makes it a distinct, multifunctional ingredient with several unique applications.
A 100% natural texturizing agent based on a complex of 3 functionalized waxes: Jojoba wax - Jojoba wax is the only wax that is liquid at room temperature. This is due to its composition:
- unsaturated fatty alcohol esters combined with an unsaturated fatty acid.
- Sunflower seed wax - Sunflower seed wax is a hard wax made up of fully saturated monoesters that boasts excellent thermal stability
- Mimosa wax - Mimosa wax is a coproduct of the perfumery industry, is not surprisingly rather sweet smelling. Softer than the other waxes, it melts at about 60 °C and has a more complex composition that includes long-chain esters, hydrocarbons, and a smaller amount of triterpenoid alcohols.
INCIJojoba Esters (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax (and) Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax (and) Polyglycerin-3
Claims / benefits / efficacyImproves formulation stability Enables innovative formulations Enhances sensorial qualities Offers lasting moisturization and comfort PEG-free
ApplicationSkin care—O/W or W/O emulsions, lip balms, massage balms, natural moisturizing lines Sun care—formulations with high UV filter levels (improved skin feel) Makeup—foundations (emulsions or gels), lipsticks, mascaras
8 kg - Bag-in-pail (polyethylene bag).
Sample available upon request.
Certifications & Compliance
- COSMOS approved
- Certified RSPO Mass Balance
- Listed on IECIC 2021
Minimum 3 years
Store the product in its original packaging sealed tightly, protected from light and moisture. Special temperature storage conditions are not required. Container packaged under nitrogen